What’s awesome about ABMC 2021?
- It’s completely free!
- No preregistration is needed!
- The time limits are quarantine-friendly!
- We offer prizes not only to top competitors; several of our sponsor prizes and educational awards are raffled among all participants!
When does the competition take place?
The competition is on Saturday, April 17th, with the individual rounds from 11 A.M. to 3 P.M. EST, and the team round from 3:30 P.M. to 8 P.M. EST. At each start time, the problems and submission form will be posted here.
You may take as long as you require, so long as you submit before the deadline. Keep in mind that you are only allowed one submission though, so be sure about your answers prior to submission! If multiple submissions are received, only the first one will be graded.
No calculators, online resources, or other computational resources are admissible.
Drawing aids, such as rulers and protractors are permissible, however, software such as GeoGebra is prohibited.
All answers are non-negative integers.
Changes to Contest Format
The original contest format can be viewed here. Important changes are noted below:
- Due to different time zones as well as technical difficulties, we have expanded the contest time limits. The original time limits serve as guidelines. However, you may use the full time, but remember to submit your answers before the deadline.
- All answers are non-negative integers.
- For team round, contrary to the rules, we will release all the problems at the start time, and teams will submit all problems together as opposed to sets of three.
- In the team round, teams may use electronic devices / video conferencing apps to communicate, but members of different teams may not collaborate.
- Unfortunately due to circumstances, we cannot group individuals to form individual teams. Individuals can communicate through online forums to find teammates before the competition!
- Official teams must consist of 2-4 students
- For individuals who still want to do the team round but don’t have a team, you will still be able to submit answers; however, your score for the team round will not count officially. We will still grade your test and send you results!
For the competition rules and information about prizes, visit the Rules page.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org